By Warren S. Walker,Carl Lindahl
Read Online or Download A Turkish Folktale: The Art of Behet Mahir (World Folktale Library) PDF
Similar folklore & mythology books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In 1987 awful stories of organ robbery that have been circulating in significant and South the US for years stuck the eye of the foreign media. quickly experiences got here from everywhere in the planet, emerging to a crescendo within the past due Nineties. Véronique Campion-Vincent describes those narratives intimately and classifies them as 3 easy forms: the newborn elements tale, Eye Thieves, and Kidney Heists.
Within the Nineteen Seventies, feminists centred severe cognizance on fairy stories and broke the spell that had enchanted readers for hundreds of years. via exposing the position of fairy stories within the cultural fight over gender, feminism reworked fairy-tale reports and sparked a debate that will switch the way in which society thinks approximately fairy stories and the phrases "happily ever after.
This publication, first released in 1994, units ‘repertoire opposed to raconteur’ so one can discover one of many world’s biggest collections of people literature. The author’s findings, and his artistic and artificial methodologies, increase drastically our figuring out of the realm of the legend, and particularly the elemental query of ‘Who tells what to whom within the type of a legend and why?
- Artemis (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World)
- The Weiser Field Guide to Cryptozoology: Werewolves, Dragons, Skyfish, Lizard Men, and Other Fascinating Creatures Real and Mysterious (The Weiser Field Guide Series)
- Humble Theory: Folklore's Grasp on Social Life
- Mircea Eliade: Myth, Religion, and History
- I Greci e gli dèi: a cura di Vittorio Lanternari e Marcello Massenzio (Anthropos) (Italian Edition)
- Imagining the Pagan Past: Gods and Goddesses in Literature and History since the Dark Ages
Additional info for A Turkish Folktale: The Art of Behet Mahir (World Folktale Library)
A Turkish Folktale: The Art of Behet Mahir (World Folktale Library) by Warren S. Walker,Carl Lindahl